The Liebster Award
Before I talk about the lovable Liebster, I wanted to mention that I have decided to make this blog a long-term project. I had been experimenting with it and getting a sense of the WordPress community here. I feel right at home with the vibe of the place, which means I can unpack now, lol, pick a new appearance, add some graphics, make it more ‘me’.
This is serious fun, so I am going to get busy and turn this blog into a place where people feel welcome to stop, get comfortable and participate!
So … watch for some changes in the very near future.:-)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I am patterning this post after Verawrites, who nominated me for the Liebster earlier this week, because I have no earthly idea what it is all about and don’t want to mess this up.
Shamelessly, I am using Vera’s ‘template’ to formulate my questions (see below). Echoing Vera, I too am grateful for the ability to write and participate in the WordPress blogging community. And, again like Vera, I appreciate all of you who pass by here and take the time to comment, disagree or ‘like’ what I have written. You are all my friends from around the US and the world beyond. Expressing and sharing my ideas has been a privilege. So too, is honoring commitments, like this one to keep the Liebster process going.
I will understand if others do not want to participate, even though I have linked to you, because this does have some faint resemblance to a chain letter, even though that might just be my mind monkeying with my memory — to abuse alliteration annoyingly :-).
Here are the rules for the Liebster award:
“1. You must link back the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You must pick 10 (new to blogging, right?) bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees. (Here is where I might fail as I am not sure where to do this, so this may slips somewhat until I figure it out).
I am borrowing Vera’s questions:
Ten Questions for my Nominees with my answers for Vera (if I am interpreting this correctly)
1) Why did you feel the need to start a blog? I wanted to express my thoughts in a safe place where I could control the comments. It was open season over at FB; Tumblr and Pinterest bore me; and I’m too wordy for Twitter. Flickr and WordPress are just right for me, with really nice people, so far.
2) Sunsets or Sunrises? Sunrises, I always look forward to a fresh, new day.
3) What is the last good movie that you have seen? We DVR constantly and snagged an absolutely great thriller last week called 16 Blocks, with Bruce Willis (the only Willis movie I have ever liked). It is worth watching.
4) How would you describe compassion? Consciousness and awareness, ala Buddha. Everything else that is true, beautiful and good follows from achieving conscious awareness, if we could only do it.
5) What is your favorite animal and why? I am a dog and bird person but I would have to say parrots, for their intelligence, communication and companionship.
6) What is your favorite movie quote? ‘I don’t know nothin’ ’bout birthin’ babies’, Prissy, Gone With the Wind – I use that phrase for all kinds of things, hee hee.
7) What is your ideal vacation? A snowy cabin in the woods in February – yup, that is what I picked for my honeymoon. It can’t get cold enough for me.
8) What was your childhood dream? I imagined myself having an invisibility cape like the one that the prince wore in The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I always wanted that ability to move about unseen. I fancied myself quite the femme fatale and renamed myself Venus Butterfly at age six (which I have subsequently learned is a kinky Kama Sutra term, yikes).
9) If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why? Well, invisibility and the ability to travel anywhere, as we do in dreams. Aside from being fully conscious, that is, that would be super enough.
10) Do you enjoying dancing, even if you think you don’t know how? I am actually a quite capable dancer to almost any kind of music. In another life I would have loved to become a performer, because I can sing, act and dance.
Here are my nominees. Like Vera, I don’t know a lot of bloggers who are brand new and who have few followers. In the interest of keeping this thing going, I assume it is kosher to link to Vera’s bloggers so they may get extra traffic, including the one who sent Vera her invitation, and to four more, so here goes, with Vera in the place where my name and blog were:
If I have gotten any of this wrong, please forgive me! I am a newbie to blogging here myself and it is late and I am tired, so, that is my excuse this time.
To the friends here whom I did not list, you are all already very popular and I wasn’t sure you wouldn’t feel I imposed! If you want to be added to the list, please let me know. Otherwise, I will assume I made the right call ;-).